Page 1 of 7

[Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 29 Jun 2016, 11:52
by MST-Aviation
MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat lounge old forum;

http://www.mst-aviation.nl/website/view ... 53&t=37602

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 17 Jul 2016, 09:20
by douglasdc3
Samco will open new hangar at RTM airport.
http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c ... ue-airport

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 17 Aug 2016, 19:41
by douglasdc3
Did they start building the New Maas hangar?

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 27 Oct 2016, 09:49
by RHE
Image


Image


Image

Today, again, diversions and delays at EHV airport due to fog.
• Why do some pilots choose for flying 'on hold' above the EHV area for more than one hour and do not divert?
• Why do most of the pilots choose for a diversion to NRN instead of MST? Distance EHV-MST is similar to EHV-NRN.

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 27 Oct 2016, 15:12
by Kurnass
Maybe the Ryanair planes divert to Weeze because that's a Ryanair base, and Maastricht is not (just a guess)

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 27 Oct 2016, 15:22
by Siem
Kurnass wrote:Maybe the Ryanair planes divert to Weeze because that's a Ryanair base, and Maastricht is not (just a guess)

Earlier this week, also Ryanair B738s landed at MST, so that's not the full reason. It has multiple reasons, such as the weather conditions at other airports, the presence of a base at other airports, the availability of (parking) capacity at other airports, the ILS certification of crew and aircraft (are they allowed to land with reduced visibility at MST at Cat 3 ILS?), etc.

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 27 Oct 2016, 23:09
by BeachCook
Siem wrote:
Kurnass wrote:Maybe the Ryanair planes divert to Weeze because that's a Ryanair base, and Maastricht is not (just a guess)

Earlier this week, also Ryanair B738s landed at MST, so that's not the full reason. It has multiple reasons, such as the weather conditions at other airports, the presence of a base at other airports, the availability of (parking) capacity at other airports, the ILS certification of crew and aircraft (are they allowed to land with reduced visibility at MST at Cat 3 ILS?), etc.


That is absolutely correct and finally the captain takes the decision wherby the safety of passengers, crew and plane are paramount. Best airport of diversion may differ from situation to situation.

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 28 Oct 2016, 05:22
by Tim
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Wizz Air signed kind of an agreement that MST is the 'official diversion' airport for the region? In that case it would be strange that the crew or the airplane is not certified for CAT 3 ILS landings.

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 31 Oct 2016, 13:12
by popijopi
No news about summer flights S17 ?

For GAE , Corendon will fly to Kos & Creta and Antalya. Tui will also perform a number of flights ( 6 ?)
source : airportnews.

It's very unusual that nothing is mentioned about MAA yet.

Why ? the catchment area is sufficient to justify a number of flights during the peak season .
lack of interest ?

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 31 Oct 2016, 18:49
by MST-Aviation
popijopi wrote:No news about summer flights S17 ?

For GAE , Corendon will fly to Kos & Creta and Antalya. Tui will also perform a number of flights ( 6 ?)
source : airportnews.

It's very unusual that nothing is mentioned about MAA yet.

Why ? the catchment area is sufficient to justify a number of flights during the peak season .
lack of interest ?

Be patient, new destination(s) will be published soon! ;)

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 16 Nov 2016, 19:18
by RHE
MST-Aviation wrote:Be patient, new destination(s) will be published soon! ;)


Just out of curiosity: is the new Germania route the new destination you mentioned or can we expect more new destinations in the upcoming weeks?

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 16 Nov 2016, 19:28
by Limburgwiki
RHE wrote:
MST-Aviation wrote:Be patient, new destination(s) will be published soon! ;)


Just out of curiosity: is the new Germania route the new destination you mentioned or can we expect more new destinations in the upcoming weeks?

well indeed, PMI was the first to be published, more to follow asap (sorry its all under embargo)

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 30 Nov 2016, 14:12
by Tim
I'm just wondering how it's possible that there is still no official promotion about the new PMI route by MAA. Not even on there website...

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 30 Nov 2016, 15:04
by popijopi
Tim wrote:I'm just wondering how it's possible that there is still no official promotion about the new PMI route by MAA. Not even on there website...

Maybe they're waiting for more news from Germania and take also in consideration that promotion activities must be done by the airline themselves otherwise you get trouble with the other carriers using MAA.

MAA is dealing with airlines about possibilities to attract them and not directly with pax. ( for me, that,s the reason why news updating has no (top) priority.

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 09 Dec 2016, 08:53
by RHE
PAX flights S17 (so far...)

MON
HER [CD], ALC [FR], GRO [FR] (August only)
_____

TUE
GRO [FR]
_____

WED
KTW [W6], FAO [CD], PMI [ST], ALC [FR], BRI [FR], GRO [FR] (July only)
_____

THU
AYT [7H]
_____

FRI
HER [CD], ALC [FR]
_____

SAT
FAO [CD], PMI [ST], GRO [FR]
_____

SUN
KTW [W6], AYT [7H], BRI [FR]

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 09 Dec 2016, 13:08
by David
popijopi wrote:
Tim wrote:I'm just wondering how it's possible that there is still no official promotion about the new PMI route by MAA. Not even on there website...

Maybe they're waiting for more news from Germania and take also in consideration that promotion activities must be done by the airline themselves otherwise you get trouble with the other carriers using MAA.

MAA is dealing with airlines about possibilities to attract them and not directly with pax. ( for me, that,s the reason why news updating has no (top) priority.


Well, on that I wouldnt be that sure Popijopi.

In the airport's function to serve an attractive market, the airport has to be full in PR & marketing to state USP's compared to the competitive airports nearby. An airline doesn't come when pax and/ or cargo aren't available. It definitely is a common effort, not the lean back attitude like they had for years. It has been proved not working so far for that matter.

An airport is like an employment agency, they have to promote too to get clients and people to serve them with.....

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 09 Dec 2016, 21:02
by Limburgwiki
Airport is very busy behind the scene, and will soon launch a lot of new PR and marketing features.

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 09 Dec 2016, 22:36
by Siem
Limburgwiki wrote:Airport is very busy behind the scene, and will soon launch a lot of new PR and marketing features.
Good to read!

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 19:48
by douglasdc3
A1583/16 - INTERSECTION E2 CLOSED DUE TO WIP. 09 NOV 15:14 2016 UNTIL 11 DEC 09:00 2016
ESTIMATED. CREATED: 09 NOV 15:17 2016

so intersection E2 will be open again tomorrow?

Re: [Lounge] MAA - Rumors, Pax numbers, Chat

Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 20:08
by popijopi
David wrote:
popijopi wrote:
Tim wrote:I'm just wondering how it's possible that there is still no official promotion about the new PMI route by MAA. Not even on there website...

Maybe they're waiting for more news from Germania and take also in consideration that promotion activities must be done by the airline themselves otherwise you get trouble with the other carriers using MAA.

MAA is dealing with airlines about possibilities to attract them and not directly with pax. ( for me, that,s the reason why news updating has no (top) priority.


Well, on that I wouldnt be that sure Popijopi.

In the airport's function to serve an attractive market, the airport has to be full in PR & marketing to state USP's compared to the competitive airports nearby. An airline doesn't come when pax and/ or cargo aren't available. It definitely is a common effort, not the lean back attitude like they had for years. It has been proved not working so far for that matter.

An airport is like an employment agency, they have to promote too to get clients and people to serve them with.....


That's your point of vieuw.

Do you ever see a promotion campaign from a Railway station ?

In the article of newspaper de Limburger of dec.6th ( section MAA news on this forum ) MAA confirms that their
targetgroup for promotions are the airlines and not the customers of that airline.

I agree with you that newsbulletins must be updated much quicker (see header MAA website) but I don't see much
activities from airlines like Corendon and Germania to promote their flights from MAA neither.