L1 / 1limburg

Rumors, pax numbers, or just a chat about aviation related stuff. English and Dutch posts are allowed.
ralph
MST-Aviation Member

L1 / 1limburg

Postby ralph » 07 Feb 2017, 22:57

It seems like someone of L1/ 1Limburg.nl is reading along on the forum. They use all kind of online sources for their articles (like this site or p2000 monitoring). Apparently planes diverting because of fog is news these days. What I don't like is that they often tend to dramatize the messages to make them more interesting. E.g. the article below: flying 'very low' over southern part of Limburg, 3000ft... And did they really started asking people in Eijsden about noise? or do they talk about noise disturbance based on the plane's route as displayed in FR24. Also the Antonov's routing and altitude was pretty normal when flying an approach into Liege, they have seen that before in Eijsden I think.

Siem
MST-Aviation Member

Re: L1 / 1limburg

Postby Siem » 07 Feb 2017, 23:14

This is truly journalism at its 'finest' as it doesn't show any signs of objectivity and gives the impression that the journalist in question very much wants to bring low planes over the south of the province to people's attention. Perhaps he lives there ? Of course, I can understand not everybody is happy with the normal (night) operations at Bierset, but I would expect the writer is also smart enough to understand that this all is not done on purpose as it concerns an exceptional situation. Moreover, it is a completely unsupported claim that two planes caused extra nuisance. Did 1Limburg monitor the noise levels? More like waking sleeping dogs, who will surely like to use 'fake facts' like these to support their arguments...

Guido
MST-Aviation Member

Postby Guido » 08 Feb 2017, 05:50

Ever since 1982 the local press is on the hand of the folks against MST. Dramatizing facts is since 1982 business as usual.
To give you an answer: Only the An-124 flewn over Eijsden wich was a normal procedure. The 747 flewn over Gronsveld wich is certainly not Eijsden! As I live in Gronsveld I can tell you my girlfriend was outside at that very moment and she saw the 747 breaking through the clouds. She told me the sound was just as always and she didn't saw any flames! So nothing to talk about...

David
MST-Aviation Member

Postby David » 08 Feb 2017, 11:11

lmao.... when a news site like 1Limburg starting to call gossip news "breaking" (like grandpa Verstappen didnt see Max for a while), they show their real level......

Don't be bothered by this, people believe what they want to believe ;-)

Guido
MST-Aviation Member

Postby Guido » 08 Feb 2017, 12:08

Believe me. It is not only L1/1Limburg. "De Limburger" is just the same, although nowadays by the you read that newspaper the news is old...

Return to “MST-Aviation Lounge”